Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beach Box

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I'm blogging while the hot messes from TLC's American Gypsy Weddings are strutting their scary, scary stuff on screen. I need to kick my addiction to awful TV shows... but they're so entertaining! How can you pass up a show with quotes such as, "I'mma marry my first cousin" and "If if you shine a light in their face,  they're gonna get 'muskert'"? What does that mean? I have no idea. I don't know if anyone does. But they DO have a tanning bed in the nursery, so there's that. 

I didn't mean for John to get another box so quickly. I was hoping that he would get it this Saturday, but USPS is on their game, and it got to him on Wednesday-- just five days after I sent it.  So, without further ado, I give you the Beach Box!

I had meant to send this in the summer, but I ended up sending other, unplanned boxes, so this one just didn't make it into the line-up until last week. It's by far my favorite package so far. I had decorated it in June, just after John left, and I could not wait for him to see the inside. I thought it was cute.


This was the message on the four inside flaps. Cheesy, probably... but I like it!

 
The items were from all over the place-- Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, and LebCo's one and only Smitty's!

You're probably wondering what the deal with the crab is. Last fall, I sent John a flip book that I had drawn with a little dancing crab on it. Why? Because I can't really draw anything else... but I knew I could draw a stick figure crab. And it fits! We both lived on the Chesapeake-- I'm in Baltimore, and John was in VA Beach. Since then, our little crab has adorned most letters and post cards that we send back and forth. He's a cute little guy, and he's fun to doodle... especially in faculty meetings.


Here's the finished product! I wrapped everything with ocean critter wrapping paper, threw in crab confetti that I found on Etsy and a CD of this summer's top hits, and colored the outside of the box. Boom. Roasted.

-Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo