Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bootiful Treats, Part Trois

This is my last post about Halloween candy, I promise. Previously, I've posted about Frankenstein's Monster, mummy, and bat candy bar covers.  It will definitely not be my last post about Halloween. Soon, I'll share the Halloween care package I'm sending John next week! Have I mentioned that I love holidays? 'Cause I do!

Ready, set...




 I made a whole pumpkin-head-ful of these cuties to send to John so he can share them with his coworkers. They were so easy to make (especially while binging on cruddy TV. Yes, Revolution, Go On, and The New Normal, I'm looking at you!) and once you get into a rhythm, you can finish a whole bag in no time. It took me about an hour to get all 50 pops done.

Cost: 50 cents or less! (It depends on what you already have at home and what kind of lollipops you're partial to.)

Materials: 

  • black marker or Sharpie
  • orange ribbon
  • regular tissues (do NOT use the ones with lotion!)
  • Charms lollipops or Tootsie Roll lollipops (Charms gives the ghosts lumpy heads. That's what you see in my picture. Tootsie Roll pops makes them look more "normal.")

Directions
  1. Cut a length of ribbon about 6 inches long.
  2. Take a pop and a tissue and cover the lollipop from the "ghost's head" down.
  3. Right below the "head," tie the ribbon and trim the ends.
  4.  Draw two eyes and an open mouth with your marker.
  5. Rinse and repeat for as many ghosts as you want to make! 

So there you go! Four types of ghoulish monsters and ghosties to treat someone to! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo