Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Surprises and Experiments

Two really fantastic things happened today:
 1. The main office called me over the PA and told me there was a package for me. Package? I wasn't expecting anything. I walked down to pick it up, and when I got to the office, Ms. Welchel handed me a beautiful vase of flowers. I was so stunned, I didn't know how to react at first. Ms. Jones laughed at me and said, "He really must love you... he is attentive!" and Ms. Welchel told me it was okay to smile. So I did.

2. When I got home, I checked the mail... and there was a letter from John! 

I am the happiest girl anywhere in the world today. I challenge any girl anywhere to be happier. It can't be done!


And in other news (because, let's be real, you care more about this then you do about my flower and letter story)... I tried my hand at a delicious recipe... that I made. Now granted, all I did was substitute one cereal for another, but that's what I can handle at this point. So without further ado, here's my first recipe as a Jo, My Gosh! Exclusive!

You need:
  • 1 box of Dulce de Leche Cheerios
  • 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of butter
  • a bag of marshmallows

Directions:
  1. In a large pot over low heat, melt the 1/4 cup of butter. 
  2. When the butter is melted, add the bag of marshmallows. Stir until the butter/marshmallow mixture is smooth.
  3. Add cereal slowly, mixing as you pour. Add cereal to taste. For me, I like a little more marshmallow and just a smidgen less cereal.
  4. When done, pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Press down (you can use a spatula or wear a sandwich bag on your hand and do it manually. Either works.) so that you have a flat, even pan of treats. 
  5. Throw into the fridge to cool.
  6. Cut into pieces while treats are chilled. 
  7. Send or eat. Yum!

I think next, I'm going to try Dulce de Leche cereal and use caramel instead of marshmallow... hmmm. Sounds like a sugar rush. Exactly the way I like it!


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo