Saturday, March 9, 2013

BRUUUUUUUUUCE Box

The first summer we were dating (and by first,  I mean, only, since the second summer we were together, John was already in Afghanistan), we did a lot of road-tripping. Neither one of our cars has AC anymore, so no matter where we were going, what we were doing, or which car we were in, the windows were down and the music was cranked. It was perfect.

I'm not a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. But for whatever reason, we got fixated on "Born to Run." Maybe because it's fun to sing at the top of your lungs or because it's just about being young and in love. Whatever the reason, it was one of our songs of the summer.

So, it just happened to be the perfect theme for this box. I've referenced classic rock in boxes before (Bon Jovi, anyone?) and every time I do, I end up having that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day...er...week.  This box was no different.

"Born to Run" is just a perfect theme for a box of healthy stuff! John's been working out and running a lot (much to my embarrassment that I've not been doing so much of it). The box is filled with bottles of Gatorade, Clif Bars (which I found on crazy sale at Safeway), nut mixes, and homemade granola bars.
post signature








Welcome to Share Something Saturday #5! It is Friday!! I thought this week I would showcase blogs that linked up since I did the crafts last week. I hope everyone is having a great Friday! Please spread the word, the more the merrier, right?
{Co-Hosts}
sqaure ad
Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Google+ l BlogLovin


{Features}

The Knight Life
Rules: • Follow the host { moi } & the co-hosts
• Link up your main blog page or your favorite post of the week. The choice is yours.
• Grab the button to help promote you & the hop.
• Please visit at least 4 blogs. If you decide not to follow then simply leave a comment letting them know you dropped in.
• If you tweet the blog hop please use hashtag #ShareSomethingSaturday. Lets see if we can trend on twitter?
• This blog hop is open every week from Friday 9pm - Monday at 9pm.

{Note: When you submit your entry that gives me permission to feature your link & it's photo}

If you are interested in co-hosting Share Something Saturday you can email me TheCraftySideOfSarcasm[at]gmail[dot]com!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love the theme to that box, it's awesome! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! Dropping by from Share Something Saturday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box! And I'm with you…there is nothing like a good road trip with the windows down and the music blasting! So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first summer we were together, we had two PCS roadtrips. It was so much fun, and I wish we could do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that box idea! So cool! You always have the best care package ideas! :)

    You may not know this, but I am doing a link-up on Fibro, Fit and Fab! that gives you a chance to link-up some of your friends or posts about your friends as a way to say, "I'm so lucky to have you as a friend!" Each day of the link-up, I am sharing some of my blogger besties, and today, I picked you as one of my friends to highlight. :) Anyway, I hope you can stop by and share in the fun, but even if you can't, I wanted to let you know that I am glad we've become friends!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guy is so lucky that you send him such thoughtful boxes all the time. And it only took me like thirty minutes to get the cinnection. He's running now. Got iy! It must be time for me to go to bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo