Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Eye Spy...

I'm just going to put it out there: I wore awesome black eyeglasses way before hipsters discovered it. I was wearing them around the time of Whose Line is it Anyway? That's right. In high school, my style icon was Drew Carey.
That generally went the way of the dodo bird when I hit college and went for sleek, frameless glasses. I love the way I look in those, but I've been secretly harboring my love for my Drew Careys too. So, I was excited when GlassesUSA.com contacted me to review their products (and I was even more excited when I saw that they had the exact kind of glasses I used to wear in high school). 

I'll admit it: I was very nervous about ordering prescription glasses from the internet since, for me, they're not just a fashion item-- I really do need them to see. However, it really was super easy, once I had gotten my prescription from my eye doctor. A few clicks and I was ready to go!

The hardest thing was trying to decide which pair would look best on me. (They do have a widget that helps you "try" on glasses virtually.) I'm not sure if what I chose looks the best on me, but I do love the design by itself. The glasses were shipped very quickly, and I actually cannot tell a difference between the quality of the glasses I bought online and those that I would normally buy from a brick-and-mortar store.All glasses come with a hard case, cleaning cloth, and a card verifying the prescription you ordered (if you ordered prescription glasses).

The total of my glasses (frames and lenses)-- with prescription and shipping-- came to $45. I think that's pretty impressive by any metric. If you want to buy glasses on a budget, check out GlassesUSA.com. They feature a lot of different Sales & Coupons that can help reduce the price and get you the best possible price. And, since you're a reader of my blog, you can use this special discount coupon to take 10% off: Blog10.

And don't forget-- we only have a little under two days left of our Freakin' Awesome March Giveaway! Make sure you enter to win over $80+ in prizes!


Disclaimer: GlassesUSA.com provided me with a gift certificate so that I could buy glasses to review for this post. All opinions--both positive or otherwise-- are completely mine. I only review, refer, and suggest products that I believe in and that I would use.
post signature

12 comments:

  1. They look cute, Jo, and you got a great price! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I love the way I feel in them-- nerdy but cute! haha

      Delete
  2. I love my thick black frame glasses! I got a pair of less than thick frames a year ago and I don't like them. I can't wait to get new ones that are more my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! Glasses are such a tough decision. I hate choosing because I always feel like I could have made a better decision.

      Delete
  3. Love the glasses, I want a pair just like them, I hate mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a place that you can order them from! :)

      Delete
  4. Those look totally cute on you! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Carli! I am loving them too, now!

      Delete
  5. Hey girl! Just stopping by to say hi! :)

    I'm happy to have you as a sponsor this month too!

    Hayley
    hayleysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Haley! I'm excited to be on your sidebar!

      Delete
  6. Woohoo! I love meeting new people! Congrats on the engagement! I'm following your blog too, now! (PS. English teachers unite!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo