Friday, March 1, 2013

You PeCAN Make These, Too!

It's March! It's March! It's finally, really, truly March! I can't even begin to describe how exciting that is-- February felt like it would never, ever end. But March is here, and with it brings the possibility that John and I might be in our last [insert amount of time here] or so of this deployment. Of course, that's just my speculation. Nothing that can prove or deny that. Nothing that can get me in trouble with OPSEC. But I'm knocking on wood. I'd appreciate if you'd find some wood to knock on, too.

Have I got an easy recipe for you today! (I've made John quintuple batches of this in about 30 minutes. Yeah. It's. That. Easy.) These work as granola bars, but they can double as dessert or breakfast bars. They hold together very well-- even better than traditional granola bars I've made in the past-- so these are perfect, perfect, perfect for shipping. 

You'll Need:
  • 1/2 cup of honey
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 3 cups of Cheerios or a comparable cereal
  • 1 cup of pecans (substitute other nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, or a mix of them)
Directions:
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. 
  2. In a separate bowl, combine and mix cereal and add-ins. 
  3. Remove mixture from heat and mix in peanut butter until it's creamy and smooth. 
  4. Pour honey mixtures over the cereal and combine. 
  5. Spread into a 9x13 or jelly roll pan. Pack down hard using a spatula or your hand in a Ziploc bag.
  6. Chill in the fridge and then cut into bars. Store in an air-tight container.
Happy making (and eating)!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I could eat this now xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm so hungry now!!

    I want to do these...but could I?

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!

    Happy Sharefest Saturday!

    Cathy
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend treat!! I'll have to make it .. thanks for sharing! <3, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo